We get this question a lot. Why this figure? Why out of a lot of figures we can deploy, why 10 Billion? Is it too much? Is it too little? Is it just nice?
Well, actually we put quite some thought into the amount we want to deploy onto the network. It’s not just a figure we got inspired to do. Let us explain below why.
- When we decided to come up with our own token, we wanted it to be used by the masses. We wanted senior citizens to be able to use it. We wanted young kids to be able to use it. We want it to be used to buy groceries at the supermarket or clothes at the mall. We want it to be used to buy your food, drinks, movie tickets, hotel reservations. We want it to be used GLOBALLY just like FIAT.
- 10 Billion is a ’round figure’ to calculate. So does 100 Million or 10 Million. The reason we want to avoid is volatility of the price fluctuating. If we deploy 100,000 and the tokens received overwhelming response and demand, it’ll drive the price up. That’s not good for daily transactions.
- In 2013, the world’s economy is estimated to be at a staggering USD75 Trillion! That’s a huge amount of money. So USD75 Trillion, divide it by 10 Billion tokens, the price of each token potentially can go to USD7500 per/token. We believe 10 Billion is suitable for a global economy and mass usage on a global scale.
- Which is why we developed a POS Merchant App for the Eco System. So our tokens can be used. It can be easily deployed. You can convert your Bitcoins into our BQC Tokens and spend it.
Imagine this scenario:
- Bitcoin hits USD100k per/coin. You bought 1 coin when it’s USD15k. Now you are in profit of USD85k. You can just convert it to BQC at whichever amount you want and spend it on products and merchants that uses our BTQ POS App.
- Our role is to ensure that our POS Merchant App gets adopted and used by thousands of merchants. We develop it in such a way that merchants don’t need to stop accepting payments via Cash or Credit/Debit. They can still do so via the POS App. Its just that we allow payments to be made via the BQC Tokens as well.
- This will ensure liquidity on your bitcoin and whether crypto portfolio you may have.
- Even if you are in UK, there’s merchants who use our POS App, you can buy/transact using BQC. You don’t need local currency to do so.
- Even if you are in Vietnam, there’s merchants who use our POS App, you can still buy/transact using BQC. You don’t need local currency.
Isn’t that the whole idea with blockchain? 😀